Finding the ideal Hickory dentist can be a daunting task. What do you look for? How do you even begin? You will be depending on this person for your and your family’s dental health, so it needs to be someone you can confidently trust.
Luckily, Oakwood Dental Arts NC is here to help you find the right place for you. If you are new in town or want to find a new practice, we recommend the following tips to help you find the right dentist for you in Hickory, North Carolina or any other area, for that matter.
Begin your search by asking around. Question family, friends, neighbors, or co-workers for their recommendations. Your family doctor may even be able to give you a helpful reference. And if you’re moving, ask your current dentist to make a recommendation. Make a list of each place that you were recommended.
Getting referrals this way is ideal, as you will be getting advice from those you trust.
What to Look for in a Hickory Dentist
Now that you’ve narrowed your search some, you will want to start doing your own investigation. You can begin Googling or even calling each office in your list. As you look into each one, be sure to ask these questions:
- Is this doctor ADA certified?
- What other kind of certifications/training does this Hickory dentist have?
- Are their hours convenient with my schedule?
- Are they located close to me? If not, would I be willing to make the drive?
- Does this doctor serve children as well? (if you have a child)
- Are their reviews online positive? If not, what are the reasons for the negative reviews?
- Do they accept my insurance? If not, what are the financing options?
Once a practice has cleared your preliminary questions, it is time to schedule your first visit. In this initial appointment, you should receive an oral exam of both your teeth and gums to ensure that everything is healthy and free of disease. Some x-rays may be necessary as well. While there, ask yourself these final questions:
- Is the office clean?
- Is the staff friendly and welcoming?
- Does the staff answer my questions?
- Do I feel comfortable returning here?
If you answered “yes” to all the above, you may have found your ideal practice!
We hope that these tips will aid you in finding the best Hickory dentist to suit you and your particular needs. And if you find that our dental practice in Hickory, North Carolina is ideal for you, then great! We would be happy to be of service.
Oakwood Dental Arts NC is a Hickory dentist office dedicated to serving the whole family. Give us a call at 828-324-6235 or email mckinneydds@OakwoodDentalArtsNC.com to set up an appointment or checkup.